YENCHING GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM 2023,Leaders of today’s world face crisis after crisis – COVID-19 and the ongoing ramifications of a deadly virus; the climate crisis and the effects of a heating planet; the erosion of national and local cultures in favour of international cultural movements; shocks in the international market that ripple down to the cost of groceries and fuel. Each of these crucial issues shares one central problem: they cannot be solved by individual societies alone.
Yet at the same time, leaders face crucially important questions closer to home: how to raise and spend taxes in a fair way; how to build healthier, resilient societies; how to construct an equitable justice system. How have, how do, and how should nations balance their cultural, social, political and economic responsibilities at home and overseas? How does nationalism interact, challenge, or complement globalisation?
The 2022 YGS theme examines what it means to operate in today’s hyper-globalised framework from an interdisciplinary perspective. Apply now to take part in a packed roster of dialogues and debates that take countries and their constituent politics, cultures and histories as the starting point, and approach the big issues facing the world we live in today.
They welcome applicants with strong leadership potential and a readiness to participate in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions on questions surrounding China and our theme for the year, ‘Globalisation or Guóbalisation? Internationalism in Flux’ if they meet the following criteria:
- Born after January 1, 1991;
- Possesses a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field at the time of application;
- Will commit themselves for the entirety of the symposium, April 8-10, 2022;
- Is proficient in English; and,
- Has never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums.
- If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover all expenses related to the online event;
- Special assistance will be provided for participants with special needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Deadline: 31 January 2022
Open to: applicants with strong leadership potential who possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application
Benefits: Yenching Global Symposium covers all expenses