Table of Contents
Watson Semester Accelerator 2022,Introducing the hybrid Watson Semester Accelerator. Apply now to receive guidance and training geared toward leading a life of meaning and impact during a time when the world needs brave leadership and innovative thinking.
College students, recent graduates, and gap-year students learn to use the vehicle of entrepreneurship to tackle complex problems, from climate change, social justice, poverty, access to quality education, and more. Students selected to the Watson Semester Accelerator leverage training, mentorship, and community to unleash a lifetime of impact.
The Fall 2022 Watson Semester Accelerator program will be offered in a hybrid format with both in-person and virtual participation options. The in-person format is available only to those based in the U.S. and will be limited to twelve students.
- 90% of students receive robust scholarships based on both need and merit.
- Receive tailored mentorship from experienced innovators and social entrepreneurs.
- Learn from the world’s foremost leaders, entrepreneurs, and practitioners.
- Watson Institute’s 260 alumni represent 60 countries.
- Collectively Watson’s alumni have raised over $100 million, created over 800 jobs.
This course is designed to equip students with the hard skills, tools, and knowledge to develop as entrepreneurs and accelerate a venture.
Watson has licensed the curriculum of Uncharted, which is a leading training program for entrepreneurs globally, having worked with 545 ventures who are creating impact in 96 countries.
Transformative Entrepreneurship is divided into three sections: Business Model Validation, Funder Readiness, and Team Building.
The highly experiential Transformative Action course focuses on the soft skills and personal development at the core of Watson Institute’s curriculum including: courage, resilience, creativity, grit, leadership, and transformative communication.
Transformative Action guides students through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of building an impactful venture and becoming transformative leaders.
The course is based on the principles of the Transformative Action Institute and is highly interactive, experiential, and dynamic.
This course is designed for students to learn and apply hard skills necessary to better understand the market they are looking to enter; design, test, and implement aspects of their venture model; practice pitching and communicating their venture with investors and partners; and graduate from Watson Institute with tangible assets to accelerate their venture and launch an impactful career.
Students learn, practice, and apply skills to their ventures through weekly, guided experiments, challenges, and hands-on assignments. Lab is divided into three sections: Clarity, Money, and People.
Watson Master Course Teachers are the world’s foremost leaders, entrepreneurs, and practitioners. Master Courses may range from a fireside chat to an interactive workshop, and revolve around sharing best practices, as well as learnings and failures. Each week a Master Course Teacher will share their entrepreneurial journey and experience followed by one on one mentorship sessions with the Watson students.
- During the 4-month program, a cohort of next generation innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs from across the globe convene in-person and virtually to tackle complex problems and forge lives and careers of impact.
- From climate change to social justice and from poverty to access to quality education, students selected to the hybrid Watson Semester Accelerator leverage training, mentorship, and community to accelerate their ventures and unleash a lifetime of impact.
- Open to next generation innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs from across the globe;
- College students, recent graduates, and gap-year students with an early-stage venture/project and a passion for impact.
HOW TO APPLY?
Deadline: 1 June 2022
Open to: innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs from across the globe
Benefits: training, mentorship
Watson Semester Accelerator 2022, For more information, please visit official website..