VSRP Internship at KAUST 2022,Applications are now open for VSRP Internship at KAUST 2021-22!
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is at the forefront of research, influencing the global research agenda. It’s dedicated to advancing innovation through science, technology and engineering via interdisciplinary research and education model. At KAUST, students, faculty, scientists and engineers conduct curiosity-driven and goal-oriented research.
The Visiting Student Research Program (VSRP) is a unique program that offers students the chance to conduct innovative research at KAUST. Through this landmark internship, talented students can undertake experimental studies of carbon-free combustion or explore the untapped potential of CRISPR-Cas9 technologies. With research opportunities that span the breadth of the scientific and engineering fields, driven students with insatiable curiosity and strong academic performance, can gain unparalleled opportunities to pursue their research questions under the guidance and support of KAUST faculty mentors. Get ready to contribute your ideas in an international research community.
The length of the program ranges anywhere between 3- to 6-months, depending on the type of research. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
KAUST international partnerships expand opportunities for students to join our faculty as research interns or as full-time students through structured programs. KAUST and our partners share a common goal to advance science and technology through collaborative research and education, while addressing challenges of national, regional and global significance.
Our international partners are located in over 20 countries, with formal agreements that range from general MoUs, agreements for PhD Dual Degrees arrangements, visiting student research program agreements, and double-degree tracks through structured programs. If your Universityis a KAUST partner, please feel free to contact us for more information or visit your University’s International Office.
- USD 1000 Monthly Stipend
- Private Bedroom/Bathroom
- Visa And Airfare Fees
- Health Insurance
- Social And Cultural Activities
- Access to Core laboratories and major research and community facilities
- 3rd Year and above Baccalaureate or Masters Students. Current Ph.D. candidates, KAUST students or KAUST alumni are ineligible to apply
- GPA 3.5/4 or 14/20 (ECTS B)
- Strong verbal and written English Skills
- Recommended levels, minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- The VSRP program applications are accepted throughout the year.
- They are now accepting applications for internships with a start date of July 1st or later.
What happens after you’ve applied?
- Once all requirements have been submitted, your complete application will be reviewed and you may be contacted by the faculty member for a Skype interview to discuss your academic, your research background and to learn more about your interest in the internship.
- If you are selected to move forward, you will receive an invitation to schedule a Skype interview with the Office of Admissions, where we will discuss any questions you may have about life at KAUST and hear more about you.
- If you are approved, you will receive an email acceptance letter following the interview.
- Finally, a travel advisor will get in touch with you to help make a smooth relocation to the KAUST campus.
Please have these documents ready before you start your VSRP application on the KAUST campus.
- Official Transcript(s) in English from current and previous institutions.
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic or research advisor.
- Your personal statement telling about your academic and research interests and why you would like to join as a VSRP intern.
- Valid passport with six months validity.
- Your vaccine certificate for COVID 19 from one of the following vaccines:
- 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech
- 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca
- 2 doses of Moderna
- 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen
- 2 Doses of Sinopharm vaccine and one dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen.
- 2 Doses of Sinovac vaccine and one dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen
Without an official vaccination certificate, your application will not be reviewed. To avoid any delays, please wait until you have all the required application documents to start your application.
For international students who cannot travel to KAUST, Their faculty are offering Remote/Virtual internships. If you are interested in a Remote VSRP internship, please visit the official website to see their faculty list.