UPG Biashara Entrepreneurship Initiative 2023 is an initiative that supports entrepreneurs in their journey to turn ideas into businesses. This is opportunity is open to anyone interested in setting up a business & includes strengthening existing enterprises.
Biashara is a Kiswahili word for “business” and it emphasizes the fact that with this initiative UPG is supporting entrepreneurs and all those looking to create impact through business.
The program’s objectives for 2022 are:
- To certify at least 500 people who complete the training each year
- To support at least 500 people who are taking entrepreneurial action each year – in different ways
- To support at least 100 entrepreneurs running businesses each year
- To provide financial support to entrepreneurs ranging from USD 5,000 to USD 20,000
UPG Biashara Entrepreneurship Initiative 2023,
- Through this initiative, UPG aims to support and up-skill 500 entrepreneurs and provide funding to selected entrepreneurs.
- The Learning Journey will provide skills to current and aspiring entrepreneurs through a curriculum that will be delivered together with partners and collaborators. It will include capacity-building activities ranging from identifying and developing solutions to writing business plans to concluding sales with customers and beyond. This will be a 6 weeks program.
- The Action Journey aims to provide support to entrepreneurs as they focus on building and strengthening their businesses. This support will come in various forms including funding, mentorship, networking, and more. This will be a year-long commitment.
- Master the Skills for Business: writing business plans, networking, management, leadership, marketing and so much more
- Learn how to mobilize resources to grow and strengthen enterprises
- Possibility to WIN Grants of USD 5,000 to be invested in your business
- Be part of a global network of like-minded entrepreneurs
- Enjoy 12 months of a support system as you run your business
- FREE! For successful applicants
- Anyone who is running a business or dreams of running a business one day.
- UPG Biashara Entrepreneurs include:
- people who are running a business or who have run businesses in the past
- people who have an idea about a business that they would love to build AND people who have NO specific IDEA
- people from all world regions
- people aged 18 years and over on 1 October 2022
- people of different levels of education
- people who have a strong motivation to learn or to learn more about entrepreneurship
- people who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
- Finally, this diversity means that everyone stands a chance when we make the selection of the final UPG Biashara Entrepreneurs. Please note that your age is minimum 18 years on 1 October 2021. This ensures that all participants are considered adults for the duration of the cycle, from application to selection and throughout the entire UPG BIashara experience.
Eligible Regions: Open for All but Botswana, Angola, Tanzania, South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Congo, Guinea, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Nigeria are Priority
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online through the Apply Now
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 (18 Days Remaining)