UNESCO MOST Winter School by iASK 2022
Organized by the Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) and the Institute for Social and European Studies (ISES), in cooperation with the University of Pannonia, and the UNESCO Chair of Kőszeg.
In a (post-)Covid-19, post-truth world troubled by political, economic, and climate crises, and adjusting to hybrid lives, requires rethinking old concepts and approaches to inter-dependent global challenges. Emerging shifts in the geopolitical order, reorganization of the global economy and social spaces, the appearance of novel political options, and the increase in migration waves and environmental emergencies, combine to pose a novel set of interdependent and hybrid risks that put a strain on the socio-political orders within real-existing democracies. Strongly convinced that the contemporary historical moment requires both unorthodox and innovative approaches capable of embracing our current complexity and uncertainty, the 4th UNESCO MOST Winter School invites all interested participants to join us in Kőszeg (Hungary) February 21-25, 2022 for intergenerational exchange of ideas and perspectives on transforming our future. We are particularly interested in proposals made by advanced graduate students, both junior and senior scholars, as well as professionals and activists from a wider circle of civil society organizations. Participants are welcome who value interdisciplinary and cross-sectoral exchanges to transform current hegemonic thinking into a new paradigm that better mitigates interlinked and paradoxical risks.
UNESCO MOST Winter School by iASK 2022,The discussion at the winter school will revolve around the following topics:
- Our Hybrid Futures: Digital re-wiring, social distancing and redefined lifestyles after Covid-19
- Is it Time to start Panicking? Governance in the face of climate emergencies
- How to Tell the Truth? Communication between science, politics (policy) and societies in times of crisis and change
- Challenged Democracies: Deconstructing old values, creating new alliances and (re)building social trust in (post)pandemic times
- Rethinking Europe and its Geopolitics in the Contemporary Era
- Southeast Europe at a Geopolitical Crossroads: Between China, Russia, and the European dream
- Who are We? Transformation of modern identity influenced by migrations, modern lifestyles, technocultures, social media and accelerated presumption: intergenerational perspectives
UNESCO MOST Winter School by iASK 2022, Advanced MA and Ph.D. students and young researchers, young professionals, policymakers, and social entrepreneurs, who have a keen academic or professional interest in the topics.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applicants should send the following documents to [email protected]
- completed IWS Application Form
- motivation letter
Online platform: Zoom after a personal invitation
Certificates will be awarded for those who have completed the whole program.
For more information please visit the official website.