UNESCO MGIEP – Talking Across Generations on Reimagining Education 2022
UNESCO MGIEP – Talking Across Generations on Reimagining Education (TAGᵉ),UNESCO MGIEP,The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is organizing the Talking Across Generations on Reimagining Education on Monday 10 May 2022.
The TAG on RE involves:
- 4 weeks of online discussions to select 6 worldwide youth
- a live 2-hour dialogue with 3 global leaders in education
- discuss relevant, practical solutions for Reimagining Education
UNESCO MGIEP, the current COVID-19 outbreak has painfully revealed multiple underlying systems failures in public service delivery. The education sector has seen the closure of schools and universities on a global scale affecting the most vulnerable populations the hardest. At the same time, they have witnessed an unprecedented range and speed of digital education and cybersecurity solutions in response to the pandemic. This systemic disruption caused by COVID-19 is providing ample opportunities for a forward-looking reimagining of education. To reimagine how education can shape the future of humanity and the planet, they must listen most ardently to what young learners themselves have to say.
UNESCO MGIEP believes that any strategy aimed at the youth cannot be successful without empowering the youth, thereby encouraging them to speak up. The TAGe is a youth-driven intergenerational dialogue on education that provides a non-hierarchical platform to the youth to interact, discuss and debate critical issues that concern the future, with policymakers.
- They will select 6 worldwide youth who have proven their expertise and passion for the future of education through their contributions to: https://tagesurvey2021.paperform.co/ and discussions on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mgiep/posts/4159094517454395
- The 6 selected youth join an exclusive TAG Fellowship exposing them to significant opportunities within UNESCO: Internships, Authorship of Policy Briefs, Conferences, Consultancy Contracts
- 6 youth of 18 – 34 years old
- Especially looking for 50-50 male/female ratio
- From developing countries
- Must speak English and be very confident in public speaking (preferably having appeared in public events previously)
- Must have solid internet access for online dialogue
Eligible Regions: Developing Countries