The Schuman traineeships are paid and can be undertaken at one of the European Parliament’s official places of work – Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg – or in its Liaison Offices in the Member States.
These traineeships are named after Robert Schuman, one of the main architects of the European integration project, responsible for over 70 years of peace and prosperity in Europe. He proposed pooling French and German coal and steel production into what would become the European Coal and Steel Community, the first of the European Communities, which grew to become the European Union.
A traineeship will enhance your education and your vocational training. It will allow you to better understand the working methods of the Members of the European Parliament.
The MEPs’ traineeships may be undertaken in a wide variety of fields. The Member of Parliament who awards the traineeship will assign specific tasks to be completed during the traineeship.
Applicants for a Schuman traineeship must:
- be aged 18 or over;
- be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or an accession/candidate country (a very limited number of traineeships to nationals of other countries can also be offered);
- hold a university level diploma;
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a very good knowledge of a second (citizens of non-Member States must have a very good knowledge of either English, French or German);
- provide an eligible criminal record;
- not have worked, or have benefitted from any other type of traineeship, for more than two consecutive months in an EU institution, body or agency;
- not have carried out a study visit at the Secretariat of the European Parliament six months prior to the beginning of the traineeship.
The duration of the traineeship is between six weeks and five consecutive months and is decided on by the Member of Parliament who awards the traineeship. It can start at any time during the year.
Trainees are awarded a monthly grant of between EUR 822 and EUR 1 348 for a full-time traineeship.
Deadline: 30 November 2022
Open to: nationals of the EU over 18 years old
Benefits: grant of between EUR 822 and EUR 1 348
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.