The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on G.D. 288/1993, for the academic year 2022 – 2023, was launched. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens who come from countries that are not members of the European Union, for bachelor, master and doctorate.
Scholarships for studies to accredited higher education institutions in Romania are granted through a file-based application assessment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER).
Scholarships offered by the Romanian state through the MFA
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions of persons not eligible under this programme:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes)
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania; members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- financing tuition fees;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of EUr 65,00, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of EUR 75,00, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of EUR 85,00, for PhD students.
The scholarships do not cover the costs of international transport and those of domestic transport from the Romanian border crossing point to the university. In this regard, candidates must be prepared for the personal financial support of the additional costs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Deadline: 15 March 2022
Open to: foreign citizens from all non-EU countries
Benefits: tuition fees, accommodation expenses and monthly financial aid
The application files must be sent by the candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), only through the diplomatic missions of Romania.
For more information, please visit the official website.