Reckitt exists to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner and healthier world. They fight to make access to the highest quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment a right and not a privilege. Their Social Impact work has never been more important. Improving access to health, hygiene and nutrition has never been more urgent. With an emphasis on women and girls, Reckitt’s social impact investment focuses on areas where we can make the most impact and where we identify the greatest unmet needs. These priorities are:
- Clean Water, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Sexual Rights & Equality
- Maternal & Child Health
Reckitt knows that these challenges can’t be tackled alone and seeks partnerships in all areas to create greater scale and sustainable impact through collaboration. Recognizing that young leaders are essential partners in its mission, Reckitt is pleased to support this scholarship to enable outstanding young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022. Scholars will be an integral part of Reckitt’s delegation alongside Reckitt’s future leaders from across the business. In addition to participating in the Summit, scholars will gain access to exclusive Reckitt sessions and form connections with peers and senior leaders from the company.
This scholarship provides more than access to the One Young World Summit alone. It’s a launchpad for future collaboration across Reckitt, with peers from the business and other partners in the Reckitt ecosystem. In line with this, it’s expected that scholarship recipients will fully engage with the Reckitt program around the Summit. This will involve:
- Attending online calls arranged in the months leading up to the Summit
- Attending, in person, Reckitt’s pre-summit meeting in Tokyo.
- Engage with and be present every day of the Summit including additional activities arranged exclusively for Reckitt delegates.
- Attending and participating in the Reckitt OYW 2022 post-summit meeting in Tokyo where the entire delegation will work together to discuss ideas.
- In the months following the summit, Reckitt would like to continue a relationship with scholars through projects and sharing ideas for social impact, as well as scholars being advocates for Reckitt social impact programs e.g. posting across social media.
- Reckitt also expects scholars to complete an online feedback survey which will be emailed to them in the weeks after the event.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Hotel accommodation between 16 and 19 (inclusive) May, 2022
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Reckitt programming around the businesses participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, a Reckitt buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
Reckitt are looking for young leaders who meet the following criteria;
- Aged 18 – 30
- Have a demonstrable track record for leadership and innovation
- Demonstrated impact in one or more of Reckitt’s priority areas for social investment namely:
- Clean Water, Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Sexual Rights & Equality.
- Maternal & Child Health.
- Candidates will ideally lead or occupy managerial roles in not-for-profits/ social enterprises/campaigns or initiatives with a social purpose focused on one of the above impact areas.
- Candidates must demonstrate willingness to fully engage with other Reckitt delegates and additional Reckitt programming around the Summit.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: December 20, 2021