Each year, the Bell Labs Prize recognizes game-changing innovations in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The Nokia Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe. It seeks to recognize innovations that solve the key challenges facing humanity and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Nokia Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
Geared toward innovative proposals that look to solve broader societal and humanistic challenges, the competition continues Nokia Bell Labs’ rich tradition of finding solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing the information and telecommunications industry.
- February 14, 2022 – Call for proposals
- April 22, 2022 – Proposal deadline
- June 3, 2022 – Selection announced
- November 14-15, 2022 – Judging & ceremony
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies. Teams of up to four members are allowed to participate, provided each member of the team meets the eligibility requirements.
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Not be employed by Nokia or be a family member of Nokia employee
- Reside in one of the following countries: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (except Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom
The competition is open to anyone in the participating countries who meets the eligibility requirements. From the hundreds of applications we receive, five to seven finalists are selected to compete for three prizes in mid-November in front of a panel of renowned experts and industry leaders. The prizes awarded: $100,000 (grand prize), $50,000 (second place) and $25,000 (third place), will be paid directly to the prize winners. During the final stage, we will assign a Nokia Bell Labs Research Partner (BLRP) to help you strengthen your proposal to maximize your chances of winning the prize. Your proposal will be judged based on a credible proof-of-concept or set of results that validate the full potential of the innovation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information please visit the official website.