National Association of Black Accountants
Sponsor: NABA New York Chapter
Open Date: Jan 07, 2022
Close Date: Apr 06, 2022
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
NABA New York Chapter Scholarship 2022
Since 1969, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals and partnering organizations that share NABA’s desire to break through the economic barriers that minority students often experience. Each year, NABA offers scholarships nationally, regionally, and locally. In 2021, NABA New York provided more than $43,000 in scholarships, ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
NABA New York Scholarship applications will be accepted in their entirety if completed online by 11:59 PM on April 6, 2022. Also, transcripts and letters of recommendation must be emailed by this date to be accepted. Recipients will be notified via email and posted on the NABA NY website.
Applicant Criteria & Instructions:
- Be an African American (Black) or an individual of African descent who is an undergraduate or graduate accounting or business major.
- Be a PAID NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA’s National Office no later than December 31, 2021. Rights are $35.00 for undergraduate or graduate students.
- Be an AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) completed semester hours (or equivalent) of accounting or business credits towards your undergraduate freshmen, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major. Graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Meet the minimum overall grade point average requirement of 3.0. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the “4.0 grading scale” if your college or university does not use this scale.
- Provide ALL of the information requested in the application to be considered. The complete application must be received by the stated due date of April 6, 2022.
- You must attend the 42nd Annual Scholarship & Awards Gala, held on – June 3, 2022.
Contact info: [email protected]