Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023, Applications are open for the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Research Fellowship Program 2023. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
The fellowship aims to open a path to peace and prosperity on the basis of mutual understanding by bringing together active young research workers of outstanding character to Japan. By deepening their understanding of Japan, and establishing links of trust and friendship, the Foundation seeks to make a real contribution to permanent peace throughout the world.
Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023,
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
● Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan prior to application.
● Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
● Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
● Applicants must have sufficient the English or Japanese languages ability.
● Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
● Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure, and should contribute to development of their own country.
The following financial supports are provided to successful applicants. Fellowships are provided to the successful applicants only, and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances, this fellowship is transferable.
- Monthly Allowance – JPY 220,000/month is provided for the purpose of expenses for research materials and living expenses.
- Insurance – Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance:
- Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- Air Transportation – Round-trip air tickets: Economy class, the most direct and economical route between the nearest international airport from the successful applicant’s domicile and Tokyo.
- Start-up Fund upon Arrival – JPY120,000 is provided to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan.
HOW TO APPLY?
Three to six months between April 2023 to March 2024.
Please indicate the length of your stay and its commencing and ending month in your Application Form (Form #1). (E.g., Six months from September 2023 to February 2024.)
Applicants must submit their application documents to the MIF via e-mail.
● Email: [email protected]
● Application Period: April 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022 (Japan Standard Time)
Applications will not be accepted for any reason before or after the application period.
For more information, please visit the official website.