This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries. Up to three young researchers who have shown
- outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, and who show great promise
- outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries for a developing area, and who show great promise
will be invited to Japan to attend the awarding ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts (US$5,000 will be given per awardee).
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences | JIRCAS
- Must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in
- developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Must be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2022)
- Must be researchers who have the nationality of a developing country and/or territory, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Must be able to attend the awarding ceremony in Japan, 2022*
- ＊ The method of holding the awarding ceremony will be decided after taking into consideration the coronavirus infection status.
The researchers will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts (US$5,000 will be given per awardee).
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: February 28, 2022 (Mon.)
1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan
Due date for submission of application: February 28, 2022
Determination of award winners: October 2022 (tentative)
Date of Awarding Ceremony: November 2022 (tentative)
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers, Information and Public Relations Office, JIRCASContact formhttps://www.jircas.go.jp/en/form/japanaward
For more information please visit the official website.