IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists 2022,Applications are open for the IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists 2022. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists.
Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund will support projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives.
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues.
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives.
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers.
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities.
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply. The IWMF believes that gender does not conform to one notion. They are inclusive of all journalists who identify as women, which includes trans women, and non-binary people.
- Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
The average grant size is $10,000 USD. Projects with timelines longer than one year or requesting grants over $10,000 will be considered on a limited basis.
Deadline: rolling basis
Open to: woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world
Benefits: average grant size is $10,000 USD
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official website.