Applications are open for the Goethe Institute Travel Grants 2022 for Artists from Abroad to Perform in Germany. This funding is for music projects of ensembles from developing and transition countries that cannot afford the cost of international travel owing to their economic situation. It is for professional ensembles and artists as well as for amateur and youth ensembles. As a rule, it takes the form of a travel grant.
The Goethe-Institut is a non-profit German cultural association operational worldwide with 159 institutes, promoting the study of the German language abroad and encouraging international cultural exchange and relations. Around 246,000 people take part in these German courses per year.
- Applicant should be from developing and transition countries. See the DAC list.
- The application must be submitted by the partner from Germany
- The applicant ensemble must demonstrate a high level of musicianship
- Cultural significance of the project
- Artistic exchange must be central to the project
- Coherent programme and schedule
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Music projects mainly for fundraising purposes.
- Brief/weekend trips as well as travel mainly for touristic purposes.
- Folklore events.
- Projects aimed at spreading partisan, religious or ideological views.
HOW TO APPLY?
Open to: applicants from developing and transition countries
Benefits: travel grant
The required documents include:
- Completed application form.
- Detailed project description.
- Recent audio recording (link).
- Brief history of the foreign ensemble.
- Detailed timetable and schedule.
- Invitation extended by the applicant to the foreign ensemble.
- Two quotes either from two independent tour operators or from an online price comparison portal.
- Numbered list of participants, indicating each participant’s role, date of birth and place of residence.
Applications for funding for music projects in Germany must be submitted at least six months before the planned start of the project.
For more information, please visit the official website.