Embedded Systems Software Engineering Internship / Co-Op at Zipline 2022
Applications are open for Embedded Systems Software Engineering Internship / Co-Op (Summer or Fall 2021) at Zipline-Vital, On-Demand Delivery for the World!
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Their mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline to make this a reality for billions of people.
Do you love tinkering with mechanical and electrical devices and watching your code come to life? Does writing safety-critical low-level software intrigue you? Do you see your projects through from start to finish, regardless of what you’re working on?
Embedded Systems Software Engineering Internship / Co-Op at Zipline 2022 is looking for interns to join their Embedded Systems team to create and improve upon a reliable software platform for autonomous aircraft and ground systems. As a member of the team, you will go deep in your area of ownership, becoming an expert in the problem domain, defining requirements for systems, rapidly developing creative and simple solutions, and proving with testing and data that the system meets the rigors and edge-cases of real-world deployment. Embedded Systems engineers at Zipline also contribute beyond their field–reviewing schematics, building user interfaces, designing hardware in the loop test systems, and more.
Zipline designs and operates the world’s largest drone delivery service providing access to critical medical supplies. Leading the way in drone delivery often means exceeding the capabilities of what’s available off the shelf, and as a result, are engineering the majority of the system in-house. Doubling down on the reliability of systems and inventing new robots is a critical path to delivering to the next billion customers–people whose lives will be meaningfully affected by smarter, more equitable access!
Embedded Systems Software Engineering Internship / Co-Op at Zipline 2022 ,Paid opportunity.
- You’ve designed, built and deployed electromechanical systems and robots outside the classroom. Previous interns have built submarines, solar cars in the Australian outback, electric boats, rockets, etc.
- You’re comfortable working in C, C++, Python, and/or Rust, and have developed software for a real time operating system or embedded Linux.
- You set a high standard for your software — your code is efficient, easy-to-ready, well-tested, and has friendly APIs.
- You’re familiar with basic electrical engineering concepts, such as reading schematics and debugging with a multimeter.
- You can work independently–taking ownership of projects with ambiguous requirements–as well as collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Additional interdisciplinary engineering skills are a plus, such as control of dynamic systems, PCB design/CAD, or backend infrastructure experience.
Eligible Regions: Open for All