The International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) represents the world’s working people through 332 member organisations in 163 countries. We are the largest democratically elected movement in the world.
The Communications Assistant at the Campaigns and Communications department of the ITUC will be required to provide technical and organisational support to the ITUC Campaigns and Communications team and support for compliance with data protection requirements.
Main tasks will be:
- Posting web and social media content (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Flickr) in English, French and Spanish using Buffer or another scheduling platform.
- Tracking online data (eg Google and social media analytics), media coverage and project deadlines.
- Updating and maintaining CRM databases, Excel media lists and databases from external providers (eg Cision media database).
- Liaising with external providers and ITUC colleagues to ensure timely and efficient delivery of services, including language services.
- Facilitating effective internal and external communications and contributing to the further development of ITUC campaigns and communications work.
- Supporting the CamCom team in the implementation of projects and the finalisation of publications and graphics including tracking workflow and following up on deadlines for production schedules.
- Monitoring workflows and managing calendars, correspondence, and requests for information in different languages including through using Teams.
- Supporting the team in the organisation of physical, hybrid and online meetings (using Zoom, Teams and other platforms), in cooperation with the ITUC Conference service.
- Follow-up of invoices and assist in maintaining an overview of expenditure on different budget lines, in cooperation with the ITUC Finance Department using Excel.
- Providing technical and organisational back-up for the Department as required.
- Supporting compliance with data protection requirements.
- Such other work as shall from time to time be required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or other relevant post-secondary qualification (or equivalent experience).
- Languages: good proficiency in English and French is required, knowledge of Spanish and other languages is an asset.
- Excellent IT skills: proficient in Office 365 including Excel; familiarity with web applications (Zoom, Teams, Buffer, Google and other social media analytics), content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Familiarity with social media and online engagement tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, You Tube, Flickr, WhatsApp).
- Prior knowledge of data protection (GDPR) requirements would be an asset, although training can be provided.
- Strong attention to detail and capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, multilingual environment.
- Planning of workflows and delivery of technical and organisational support against deadlines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Capacity to resolve practical problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and multilingual team.
- Availability to undertake international travel if required.
Open to: applicants with good proficiency in English and French and excellent IT skills
Benefits: attractive salary and benefits package
An attractive salary and benefits package.