If you’re looking for a real-world experience that is involved with the creation of AR and VR visualization tools, this internship is perfect for you. As a remote Augmented & Virtual Reality intern, you’ll be placed with a university in Greece that collaborates with an international consortium of partners that provide learning solutions leveraging cutting-edge virtual and augmented reality technologies. The skills you will learn on this internship are hard to gain at the early stages of your career, and you’ll be kick-starting your knowledge and understanding of the highly technical and exclusive VR/AR industry.
Augmented & Virtual Reality Remote Internships 2022 can involve two types of project placements. You will either be matched with one or the other. If you have preferences, please let us know. However, you will have the opportunity to discuss both of these in detail with your coordinator, once you have confirmed your participation, and are developing the plan of action for your customized remote internship.
- You could support the development of virtual tour mobile apps for campuses and other locations, such as archeological sites.
- Alternatively, this remote internship can involve the development of augmented reality systems for remote monitoring and controlling of engineering setups. For example, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery or sensory networks.
Remote interns collaborate with the consortium’s industrial and academic partners on ongoing development projects. The specialist project work is undertaken by European engineering consulting companies and is focused on applying novel techniques for engineering problems, or developing educational resources.
You’ll be assisting your experienced and skilled supervisor on all manner of project development work. As a virtual intern, you will be in regular contact with your mentor, who will provide updates and feedback on your progress to support your learning and offer guidance.
Augmented & Virtual Reality interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Analyzing problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software.
- Acquiring data from sensor networks and remote control of devices (e.g. in order to compile information for the development of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery).
- Developing user interfaces (e.g. to display data and information for users, which will help them to interface with equipment).
- Dedicated support before, during and after your internship
- Securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Experiential Learning Curriculum
- International reference letter
Professional development benefits:
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technologies
- Gain increased familiarity with information technology and software, such as IoT sensors and smart devices
- Learn hands-on development skills in the world of AR/VR
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- At least one year of relevant college/university study in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- A good understanding of information technology and web design is also required.
- High School graduates aged 18+ may be accepted, depending on the strength of their application (including any relevant experience, with a desire to learn and grow within this field).
- This internship is conducted in English.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.