The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program. The program inspires and prepares women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along.
Each year, the EJS Center selects a cohort of African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. The inaugural cohort of 2020 Amujae Leaders and subsequent cohort of 2021 Amujae Leaders make up a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond.
- Amujae Leaders receive world-class coaching from former heads of state
- Leadership development through in-person forums and virtual workshops
- Tailored media and communications support
- Self-development opportunities.
- Be a citizen and resident of any African country.
- Have already invested in a public leadership journey with demonstrable accomplishments. This journey may have evolved in various professional backgrounds/ sectors, not strictly public service.
- May be working/ involved in sectors that include but are not limited to public administration, politics, civil society, business, arts, media, sports, education, sciences, etc.
- Have the ambition to serve at the highest levels of public leadership.
- Have demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Be patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to her home country/countries.
Eligible Regions: Africa
Application Deadline: January 23, 2022